Tuesday, September 25, 2012

ABC's

This is the top of a baby quilt for my college roommate's grandson.  The fabric was so cute.  I fussy cut the letters and then bordered them with a limey green with red and yellow dots and a tiger-like red and black stripe.  To fill in for the 30 blocks I cut 4 of the cute dragonfly antics squares.
I like the way it turned out and the back will be a stripe with all the colors in it.
Now to get it done. This is an extra block that can go on the back.  Isn't he cute???
Have been working on a quilt for my cousin who does so much for me and is really sweet.  It is a sampler block lap quilt and I am doing it in a class at WCC by Judy Trott.  I had to find some more blueberry crumb cake fabric for the background and I am waiting for it to come in.  I found it on quiltstores.com.  It is nice to have the class to work on it.  Maybe our guild can have a night bee next year from 6-9??? I will work on the borders next week.  Have to make a pot load of blue/cream         4- patches .
Happy quilting.
S


No comments:

Post a Comment