Thursday, June 13, 2013

Soggy June

I was so excited to go out this morning and pick my first gardenias.  I wait every June to see and smell them.  Most of the bushes in my yard are from ones I have rooted in water then in pots on my kitchen window sill for two years and then planted in the rainy spring. I have two in pots on the deck I need to get into the ground now.  Happy day.  Just put out a day lily from C and some purple basil plants.  This rainy weather will help them get established.  Put some cosmos seedlings into the ground also.
Hope they make it.  Love to see them blooming.
 
 
This next picture is the June block for the Stitchers Garden class P and I are taking.  Love the Kaffe flame pattern.  First time for couching.  Not such a great job.  Where is the magic marker?




I just finished the binding on a 98x106 quilt and a wounded warrior quilt to send to Kandahar.  Thanks to AB for coordinating that effort for the guild.  It was such an easy pattern with half square triangles from 6 inch squares we had in the guild stash.  It was fun to see how many ways to turn them.
I think I will do the next one with disappearing 9 patch.  It is so forgiving and versatile
Have to stop and get to work on the extra block for our "Stitcher's Garden"class today at The Thistle Bee.  I love picking out the fabrics but drawing out the pieces on H & B is a pain.  I think this is the half way month.  Not sure how it will be put together. 
And for the last picture this is a quilt top I just finished.  We call it Laura's quilt because she was the one to show us the very simple one block pattern.  Just love the secondary  pattern the whites make.  It came out a little large measuring about 75x59 but I really like it.  It helped me use some but not a lot of my reproduction fabrics.
 
Will have to close. There is a line of storms approaching Raleigh and want to be off computer.  Quilted at C's today and got a start on the 396 4-patches for the confetti quilt.  What is sad is that I have a box full of batik strips and have not made a dent in it.  We are going to the show in Wilminton tomorrow.  I hope to fins a dark batik either blue or black for the outer border.  Lots of sewing to do.
Steamy quilting
Sally
 
 
 
                        


No comments:

Post a Comment