Saturday, January 4, 2014

New year and more time

It is hard to believe that the last post was November 13 but the last six weeks were a blur.  I am glad to now have time to post because it makes me want to finish some of the projects I had started before the madhouse of December '13 started. 
I just finished the top for the confetti quilt from Augusta Cole.  I am not happy with the directions for the four-patch border and having to sew on strips to make the border fit looks un-pretty. However it is finished and hopefully the quilting will cover up the ugly gussets. I do love all the colorful batiks and want to do more batik quilts. 
 
This is my finished Amish Mystery Quilt.  First time I have appliqued border.
 

I am not being very successful with pictures today so I will just stop.
I want to finish the Japanese Fan quilt I started with Louise Amos in November of 2012 and the Stitcher's Garden BOM I started last January (13) then maybe I can start on something new.  So many patterns so little time.
Hope your New Year brings time for sewing or whatever makes you happy.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment