Monday, March 30, 2015

Spring??? maybe

Finally, maybe we will have some spring weather.  Although I am afraid it will go from the 40's to the 80's in one week.
I have finished up the bindings on four quilts and started three new ones.  What am I thinking???
The one I was going to do for my neighbor for her graduation has changed to a different Bonnie Hunter pattern.  I really like the Roll Roll Cotton Boll pattern and have made three of the 50 blocks.
It includes the string piecing as the alternate block but is on a 8.5 inch foundation so goes faster.  Or I could make strips and cut from there.  The main block is colorful but not bright so the neutral string blocks help lightening up the quilt a lot.
 

I really like the combination of colors in the main block.  I thought at first I was going to have to go fabric shopping oh no!! for the red ( the only fabric which does not change) but found three yards of a nice red in my stash. 
Short blog.  Have to get to work.
Spring quilting.
Sally  

No comments:

Post a Comment