Friday, December 30, 2016

posting post Christmas

I love the Christmas season but am not sad to see the busi-ness over and followed by a quiet time.
This used to be the time for all the sales -13th month they used to call it.  Mother would give us money for Christmas and we would travel from Holly Springs to Raleigh to shop the sales and buy clothes.  I still remember a blue cloth suede vest and skirt I got that I loved.  Probably wore it too long after I should have and had a hard time giving it up.  Probably because it reminded me of the fun we had shopping.
Getting rid of things now is not as difficult.  I have been slowly purging my closets and will do more in the new year.  It is amazing what you have time for when you are retired.  I love January and
February for being time to reflect, regroup and reorganize.
Christmas was a good family time and that is good.

Win and LaVonne have sold their place at Hatteras.  It was a difficult decision but the right one for them.  Both boys live and will probably always live in Wilmington and it was getting to be unmanagable.  It was a lovely cottage and at the end of Hatteras, it was in a good location. We will 
all miss it.  I know the people who bought it will get a lot of joy being there. We did.
Now to get ready for a New Years Day mystery quilt workshop.  Beats watching football!!!
Thoughtful quilting.
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment