Tuesday, August 1, 2017

summer is a busy time

So much has happened in the last month.  My fridge started leaking and as it was 17 years old I got a new one, my deck was falling apart so I got it fixed, and my mattress was over 22 years old so I went to "The original mattress factory" with C and ordered a new one.  Why not?
Well last Friday my cousin and his wife came from Pennsylvania on their way to Florida and spent the night, my guy who put in the deck had waited for sunny weather and came on Friday to seal it, and the mattress factory delivered the mattresses.  I was not sure whether I was coming or going.
Everything worked out and got done but I was pooped.

This week our guild members are putting on a quilt camp for some girls at St Andrews church.
Yesterday was spent turning on and threading the machine, learning to sew a straight, close to quarter-inch seam, and pressing.  We are trying to make a "disappearing four-patch" quilt in 4 days?

Last Thursday was our bee at St Stephens and it was nice.  Not so many as usual but always fun to sew with friends.
The first picture is J on one end of Kaffe Fassett's "Tussie Mussie".  I love how beautiful the fabrics make this simple triangle squares quilt.
The next is my finished retreat '16 quilt.  H had a time quilting this because of her back issues but it is done.  Don't know what I will do with it but....

The next is the 2016 Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  It looks better than I thought it would with the combination of colors we used.

The last one is a donation quilt made from fabrics given out at the "Day of Sharing" in Greenville in 2016. Again it is amazing how pretty such a simple design looks with happy fabrics.  Well face it, turquoise always works!!!


Underneath this quilt on my design wall (batting hanging over closet doors) are 32 of 64 lacy log cabin blocks from Kaffe's Quilts in Italy book.  There is one more quilt in there I want to make.
First I have to finish BH "Dawns Early Light" and "Straits of Macinack"

Busy Quilting
Sally


1 comment:

  1. You are a busy quilting gal and with all the other home improvements too! Love seeing all your quilts as usual!

    ReplyDelete