Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Appliance menace

This month is getting off to a great start.  First I have never had a garbage disposal before and after
hearing all the things you are not supposed to do I did nothing.  As a result the prima donna disposal
refuses to work at all so brother is coming to take it out and just put in a drain.  Yea.
Then after deciding I don't eat enough sweets I thought I would bake a lemon pound cake.  Don't
get excited it is a Krusteaz mix but really good.  I put it into the oven and was going to use the timer
on the microwave to keep track.  Instead of pushing the little timer button I just set the microwave for 40 minutes.  After sometime I noticed the screen was blank and the microwave was not making any noise.  No worries I just finished timing the cake myself.  Not thinking about it again at supper I was going to heat up my leftover shrimp and grits.  Yum.  After 2 minutes I took it out and it was as cold as when I put it in. I tried it again, I have to be convinced, and again it was cold.  When  I looked inside the microwave I saw in bold print Never use microwave without something in it. Well lesson learned and brother is also going to put in a new microwave.  Not a good day.
Just got this back from Quilting Concepts.  It is beautiful and so big.  Now to put on 400+ inches of binding.

This is my brother and me at a memorial service in Pennsylvania for a favorite cousin who passed
away with mesothelioma in early 2019. 
Expecting to see C today. Have to get crackin.
Hot and muggy quilting.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment