Saturday, November 10, 2012

UFO beginnings

Well this is how they begin.  I started the Japanese Fan Quilt with Lucille Amos at the Sew Original shop in Winston Salem last weekend and have not had time to do any more than 7 of these border pieces and one central piece of the top.  I loved her quilt with black, red and cream oriental fabrics and have used most of the same fabrics.  I am anxious to get back to it before I forget how to do this "s" curve.
This is the BOM for October for the guild charity quilts but in my fabrics as I am making one for the guild and one for my sampler quilt.  I just love these colors together. The block looks oriental and the blue is from Kasuri from moda the brick red is from little seasonal primitive gatherings and has little pumpkins on it. mmmm I do love strong contrast.
Another beginning is this lantern paper pieced block turned into an ornament for a small wall hanging that I started on Tues at Thistle Bee's new location on Center Street in Goldsboro.  It was so much fun to have so much room to spread out.  Quilting abhors a vaccuum and I covered my whole table.  I will make three more of the large blocks and three small blocks for the hanging.  Hopefully it will not remain a UFO for long.
And last but by no means least is the BOM pattern for November called "Another 9 patch star" which I just love.  It looks difficult but it is just half square triangles and squares.  It does not take as long as the drunkards path.  Again I have chosen the same brick red but another navy and a different cream.
I think someone has had a "red" influence on me??????

Well that is all for now.  Have to get something finished. 
Thankful  Quilting
Sally
 

No comments:

Post a Comment