Tuesday, November 13, 2012

wool gatherings

I guess I just have too much time on my hands so I need something else to do.  I like the wool primitives that you can find at quilt shows and on line.  The first kit I got a year ago but somehow the pattern has divorced itself from the kit and I am waiting for a reconcilliation.  Meanwhile, (you don't see that word used much anymore.  I wonder why.  Maybe because in this time of instant gratification there is no meaning to meanwhile because people will not want to do something else or talk about something else while waiting for something to happen.) ( I got a bit off the track ....can you have two parentheses back to back in a paragraph?) I bought another kit because I had no wool and it is expensive.  This is a piece with acorns, a basket and a crow.  I liked it but don't know why.
Here it is.
I really like doing this because I can do it and watch tv.  I hope to make my stitches smaller and more uniform.  It is a challenge and somewhat like a puzzle.  Not sure why the crow is in the basket???

Will start on a snowman "winter" piece next.  I am still working on border pieces for the Japanese Fan.  I have done 11 but want to get different black for #12.  Then will work on center blocks.
Thankful Quilting
sally

No comments:

Post a Comment