Saturday, April 20, 2013

Nature and sewing

I love this time of year when we get those little reminders of how cool it can be in April and I look out my window to see the abundant display of Azaleas, dogwood, and other flowering trees in my yard or in my neighbors' yards.  If I am patient I can see the bluebird watching out for his home from the top of a camellia bush and Cecil sleeping in his chair at the same time.  God is indeed good.

Our quilt guild had a day of sharing today with nearly 100 quilters attending from surrounding guilds.
It was a wonderful day because of the amount of work done in preparation.  Our theme was "April in Paris" and it was reflected in the decorations which included a lighted 4ft. tall replica of the Eiffel Tower, chocolate candies in the shape of ...you guessed it towers, and challenge quilts on the theme.
For lunch we had chicken salad in ...what else...croissants and the members brought salads and more salads.  The guild from the next county brought desserts.  Many beautiful quilts were shown, giving inspiration to get home and get started on a new pattern.  Door prizes were distributed from vendors who were kind enough to respond to our request.  And after a year from its beginning our beautiful double irish chain raffle quilt was given away.
All in all a pretty satisfying day.

I am moving out on the limb of embellishments and adding beads to my calendar quilts.  It really is fun.  Don't know if it will show up here. These are such fun.
 
I have made the blocks for "stitchers" garden but need to do the machine applique on them.
I do have a picture of a real flower however which is at my mail box.  I don't know why it blooms so early but it does then that is it.  Maybe it will be stronger this year.  I love the color of this clematis. 
 
Time to feed Cecil and me.  It has been a wonderful day.
Pollen-free quilting.
Sally
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment