Monday, April 29, 2013

Rainy monday

 We are getting a good soaking rain and all the new plants and trees are drinking it in.  Was planning on going to yoga today.  I really was even though M was out of town but sitting here watching and listening to the rain is so calming I think I will miss it today.
I let Cecil out early and he did not stay long.  He looked like a drowned rat when he came in but he does love to get dried off with the towel.  Free massage.


We had bee in Garner Saturday and those ladies are so talented and do so many charity quilts for veterans and kids.  They also are so giving to the collection of scraps for dogs project at ME's quilt shop "Thistle Bee" that the back of my suv is full of bags of scraps. 
Here are some of the dog beds that volunteers make at TB and fill with donated scraps.  There are big and small beds for dogs at the Animal Shelter.
I have been working on the blocks for "Stitchers Garden" and here are the  two for last month's class

 
I do love the Kaffe fabrics for these blocks.  I still have to finish putting on buttons on the top block.  Then I have to work on the two for this month.

Here is my Baker's Dozen block for the calendar hangings.  Just love these.

And last but by no means least here is the Easy Street Mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter.  It is really large.  Had to go to ME's shop and use the quilt rack to have enough room to get a good picture.  I do love the colors and all the action in the quilt.  It is now my "spring" quilt.  The back is a purple and turquoise 108" wide batik.  yum yum.
Got to get to work.
Rainy quilting.
Sally
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment