Thursday, March 27, 2014

blast from the past

Here is a quilt that I had forgotten I had done.  Well no it wasn't done last week!!! It is around 35 years old.
My friend Margy was having her first of two daughters and I wanted to make a quilt for the baby.  Not knowing anything about quilting I had an idea for doing the alphabet.  Margy let me borrow the quilt for show and tell tonight and it was a "well loved quilt."  I had zigzagged the letters on a background of some kind of material sewn the blocks together and hand yes hand quilted around the letters.  Anyway here it is.
I told her that I would repair it before getting it back to her to send on to her daughter who now has three daughters.
I just started a BOM I signed up for earlier this year.  The blocks are fun but some are so small.  I did two of them yesterday.  I like that you get different sizes in the same month.  I think there are 35 or 36 blocks.  I have to catch up with Feb and Mar packets!!!yikes.
And last but hopefully not least is the donation quilt with Baptist Fan.  I started on bottom right corner but by the time I got to the left bottom there was a struggle between me and the fabric under the machine and the machine usually won.  Not sure how to change that.  I like the process but will have to do a lot more to make it look good.  I did the top in straight vertical lines which was a lot easier.  Have finished the binding and will put on label before guild.

The sun is out and time to sew.
Sunny quilting.
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment