Monday, November 23, 2015

Breaking down

I think cold weather is the time for things to break down or wear out.  R came over to light my gas logs for the first time this season.  He could not get them going.  I had just had the tank filled so it was not lack of fuel.  The logs are over 20 years old and probably half worn out and half rusted out.
OUch.  Then my printer started eating my paper.  It was only 2.5 years old but that is old in printer years I am told so it has been replaced.  Of course the cartridges I had bought recently don't fit the new printer. :-(
I have finished the dresden plate top for M except for finding some dark blue batik for the border.  It is already 90 by 108!!Yikes.  There will be plenty to tuck under the pillows.  We tried it on her bed and it looks beautiful.  Can't wait to see it finished.  The is a picture of how I had to lay out the blocks to sew it together so this is on my bed.  Hmmmmm kind of like the look.
The next picture is of the mystery quilt we did at the retreat in Virginia in September.  Have finished the top and just have to get it to quilter.  Well it seems as if it will have to stay sideways.  I have put on a red inner border and a different outer border but it blends well.










Finally but not least is a picture Ashlie took of me when I was allowed to hold Dallas and believe my he is a lapful.  Of course he is sweet and precious.
I am going through my stash to get ready for the first clue in BH mystery.  Yes I know but it is a challenge and I love doing it./  I need a fall quilt.!!!haha.
I like the grey but there is not enough.  Think I found a couple I like one on weresewcreative.com
so we will see.
Well I have spent enough time on this for tonight.  Time to watch Scorpion and Castle.
Chilly quilting.
Sally



No comments:

Post a Comment