Wednesday, November 11, 2015

What happened to October?

I have always been interested in the weather.  Probably the control part of me that says if I know what the weather is going to be, I can adjust with clothing, trips to town etc.  Anyway I am glad to see the sun and cool weather.  If I can stop making appointments at 8am then Cecil and I can stay in bed under the quilts longer.
Julia Child has always been a favorite personality of mine.  My sister worked for a tv station that carried her show I guess in the early 70's? and she wound up with a notebook of Julia's recipes.  The only one I make more than once is the Boeuf Bourguignon.  This is to say the following is a picture of flowers I had for a sharing supper with friends of the BB.  Pearls were optional.



The next picture is the quilt I made for my great nephew Dallas Pope.  This will be his first Christmas and he of course is so precious.  I hope he likes the animals.  This was a panel I got in Greenville at Hancock's about 3 or 4 years ago and did not think I would have a chance to give it to any one in the family.  Thanks Will and Ashley. The animals are all three dimensional and soft flannel.  Cute.

Speaking of Christmas.  If Starbucks which I love wants to disavow the religious side of the holiday why not make the cups blue? Why red? because of the bottom line.  I think they just want to walk the line.  Enuf said.
Happy sunny quilting.
Sally


No comments:

Post a Comment