Saturday, February 4, 2012


I have just returned from a few days in Florida with my cousin Art and his wife Lynn who was wonderful and took me to about 5 thrift shops, two great quilt shops and a Starbucks!!! I needed it. Art took me to play golf on a short but beautiful course near where they live. We also got some honeybell oranges and boy are they good. I went with my friend Mary who was going to visit her son near Tampa and two granddaughters.
I have cut up about 8 shirts I found at the thrift stores and am anxious to start to cut them into pieces for a quilt. I have coveted the one Connie made for too long!
The fabric stores had beautiful fabric and different ones from the ones I have found here. I did not see any reproduction Civil War fabrics but some of the Moda prints and some beautiful batiks. Oh well. The picture is the fourth block for the Generals' Wives quilt and it is from Sheridan's wife. It was an easy block so I did it this afternoon.
I have to finish the snowman hanging I started at midnight sewing at Thistle Bee but I don't think we will see any snow this winter.
Our 4-Bs quilt group will be here on Thursday so I had better get cracking and clean up the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment