Saturday, February 25, 2012

this is the quilt made from cut up men's shirts (idea from CH) and I really like it except while I was not looking I think Cecil mixed up my squares. I have three in a row alike!!!@#$% Did not see it until I had put it together. too tired to take it out. Have to put on side sashing and border but finished with those pesky blocks. Bee today in Garner was nice. Pot luck and everyone brings their A game. Donna's broccoli salad was delicious and Pat's cheesecake dessert was wonderful.
Great retreat with Snead's Ferry ladies in Myrtle Beach last week. Sewing up a storm.
Fun and the beach too.
Hope to be able to stay home and try a dresden plate quilt that Mary demonstrated at Bee today. I had bought the template a month ago. Karma I guess.
Time to fix supper and watch Downton Abbey I missed last Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I like it - the sashing is cool! I'll be looking for the Dresden Plate. I bought a diamond shape ruler on my way home from Bee yesterday for a quilt I'd like to start but am determined to finish the disappearing 9 patch first. Maybe...............

    ReplyDelete