Friday, December 28, 2012

guild party

Our guild had the December "Christmas Party" this year on the 27th to try to avoid the rush and bustle of getting stuff done before Christmas Day.  The decorations were beautiful, the food good and I think it was fun.  Now to look forward to what the next year can bring.
The clue #6 for today made me look at step 2 after BH said we were not using the rectangles from step 2 and I did not have b/w rectangles from step 2.  Now I will have to go back and cut those.
When she says if you want something else to do.. I kind of fade away because it is enough to make 64 or 128 of something. 
Am looking forward to the block and how the pattern evolves from all we have done. I am sure I don't have enough of the greens as I don't do green.  I guess this means more shopping.  If that is what I have to do ......

Here is a quilt I finished for my neighbor who is such a good friend and helps me out whenever I call upon him.  I will never repay him but hope he likes this quilt.  I had to put a picture of Cecil on the label because his girls' quilts have Cecil on the back. 

I really like this pattern.  Not so sure I like the lights in the 16 patches.  I do however adore the border fabric.  I would not have thought I would pick it out but it is so rich with the colors in the quilt.
The back is red with gold stars.

These are ornaments I made from Melanie's downsized  pattern for paperpiecing.  There is a pocket in the back for a mint.  We each made 15 for guild members for the Christmas Party.  It is fun and this is the third year we have made ornaments.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and will enjoy a safe and fun New Year's.  I know I will because I am looking for lime green and black and white fabrics!!!
Joyous Quilting.
Sally


No comments:

Post a Comment