Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The sun the sun!!!

What a beautiful morning after so much dreariness and rain.  I, being selfish, would take the rainy, cloudy days over the 100+ degree days with 70% humidity any day but I realize those who look forward to warm weather and beach trips have had a difficult time this summer.  I also sympathize with merchants, owners of restaurants etc at beaches who might not have had a fiscally great summer, especially my nephew with two restaurants (Havanas) in Wilmington and Carolina Beach.  Maybe the rest of August will be good for a last hurrah.
This time inside has provided an excuse if I needed one to sew sew sew.  I have finished some projects and started new ones.  This is a quilt from the Missouri Star tutorial on disappearing hourglass block.  I like it but the measurements took getting used to.  It is a quilt for a lady at church.  I really like the way the pattern makes a secondary block and with the sashing it is a different look than without it.


This is Karen's 5th quilt.  It is for her cousin's baby.  I really like how the bordered blocks look.  The quilting was in the ditch around the blocks, a double-sided X in each block and straight lines in the borders.  A great job.  She pieced the back and used a scrappy binding from each of the border fabrics.  The sashing is a white with a light blue dot.  
In proof reading this I realized I write as I think which is to leave out the little words.  Arrrrgh.
Gorgeous Day Quilting
Sally



No comments:

Post a Comment