Friday, July 31, 2015

Cecil

It was with great sadness to hear about the death of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.  He and Jerico walked past our jeeps in the road on one of our safaris in May 2015.

The top picture is of Jerico and the bottom one of Cecil.  Our guides told us that Jerico was taking over the pride and had allowed Cecil to stay because of his age.  
I think the world has gone mad.
On a happier note, our guild sponsored a learn to quilt workshop for some middle school girls last week and they made two pillow cases and a small tied quilt.  We met at St Andrews Episcopal Church in Goldsboro from 1-4 for four days.  It was great fun and I hope we can do it again next summer.
Finally took my sewing machine for a check up and of course had to leave it so went to Southern Season.  It is a good thing I only go there once every two years!!! That place is dangerous to my bank account.  Did do some Christmas shopping.  That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.
Also stopped at Wish Upon a Quilt to redeem a coupon and pick up some Kaffe fabrics I had ordered.
I know it is not like I don't have enough of those.  Batiks were on sale for 7.99 and I had to resist those.
Guild last night was good.  Three new members and one returning to the fold.  Some beautiful quilts.
V and J told about their 5 day trip to see the shops on the Row by Row list from West Virginia to Tennessee to Virginia and North Carolina.  They went to over 45 shops.  What a wonderful time they had. V  won the prize for turning in her quilt to Bernina on Glenwood.  She had ten rows.  It was lovely. Marla did a demonstration on making a sewing apron.  It is nice with no open seams and a ruffle.  Will have to try that.
Time to get on with the day.
Summer quilting
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment