Tuesday, July 7, 2015

quilting at home

It is so wonderful to be at home.  I am having a clear out and a sew up.  Trying to get rid of things I have not needed or used in 30 years and trying to finish projects.
One of the things I want to try to sell is this pie safe.

Another project is to get rid of the last few things in the upright freezer and defrost it and call Habitat.
It is usually less than half full and I can do without it.  Going to miss the ice cream.  
I just finished this quilt top for my brother for Christmas. It was a block of the month and I really liked the way the blues made the secondary pattern so I decided to make the whole quilt.
It will be on the way to Heather.  I am really getting frustrated with my phone camera or the program in windows which will not save pictures after I turn them.  Oh well.

I did finish two large quilts this winter.  The first is Bonnie Hunter's Smith Mountain Morning and the second is her mystery quilt "Grand Illusion" or as P says "Grand Delusion."

I love the Smith Mountain Morning.  I believe it is my favorite of all.  Grand Illusion is prettier hanging vertically than on the bed.  You just don't get the pattern when it is horizontal.
The next two pictures are the BOM for guild in red white and blue and the exchange block is in purple for the main color.

I am working on a dresden plate with irish chain in batiks for my friend M. I really like the blues.
Surprise.
I had better stop and get to work.  Cecil and I just went for a walk and he is sleeping it off.
Warm quilting.
Sally



1 comment:

  1. Sally I love how you have your quilts hanging for pictures and I agree the GI looks so much better hanging! Nothing can beat that Smith Mountain Morning though.

    ReplyDelete