Sunday, July 1, 2012

Desert Sky etc.

This is a picture of some of the paper piecing from the Judy Niemeyer workshop on Desert Sky taught by Lucille Amos for our guild on June 30, 2012.  I was so pleased with how much everyone got done.  I only have 24 more of these!!! but that is all of the paper piecing.  This quilt should be quick to assemble as the other parts are squares and rectangles.

The workshop was the end of a very busy month.  June 1 was the golf tournament for a memorial scholarship fund in honor of  my late husband, Branch. Then the rest of the month just flew by.

One of the highlights was going to the sew expo in Raleigh.  I do love vendors ... oh yes and seing the quilts.  My best purchase was a book on Australian fabrics and some ideas for using them.  It even includes the explanation of some of the Aboriginal symbols used in their fabrics.  I love the book.
I picked up a sample of some foundation "paper" that is all cotton but feels like a thin plastic. 
I can't wait to try it.  I hope they will have this show again next year.  It was well worth the trip.

Then came the quilt show in Wilmington by "Quilters by the Sea" which is always fun.  This is the second year for me and Connie and I headed to the ReSale room first.  I had to go to the car to take everything before we could even get to the show!!! The quilts were beautiful and inspired me to get home and sew.  Such beautiful work and quilting.

After resting I plan to get to work and finish the Desert Sky.  So much fabric so little time!!!
This is a quilt I finished last year.  I had gotten it as a BOM before I knew what that was!! I did not work on it until months after I got the last one.  It was great to take to bees because everything was in one pack for the block.  The name of it is Hot Flashes.  I love doing sampler quilts just to see how different blocks go together.

Happy Quilting
sally












No comments:

Post a Comment