Saturday, July 7, 2012

This and that

I just love the mandavilla plants but usually don't have enough sun.  I got this one in a container garden in May and put it on the back porch in the blazing sun.  I have to water each morning but it is just beautiful.



Cecil has really enjoyed the rides on the four wheeler with his sister and other mom.  He waits in his chair until he hears it start up and then gets anxious until he is retrieved to ride.  Of course sometimes he gets mixed up with the lawn mower motor and is so disappointed! Such a sweetheart. They really spoil him.


Here are two of six blocks I have made for a scrappy quilt.  I don't have a lot of scraps so my scrap stash has been added to by wonderful friends. Thanks C and P.  I am putting together the blocks for the Desert Sky quilt we learned to do last Saturday.  I do hate taking off the papers but the results are worth it.

Got to get to work so :
Let us then be up and doing with a heart for any fate,
Still achieving still pursuing, learn to labor and to wait.

(Longfellow I think)

Labor I can handle it is the waiting.
Happy quilting
Sally


No comments:

Post a Comment